You use the appliance management interface to create a backup file.
This operation backs up the following information:
- Inventory data
- Configuration files
- System UUID
The backup file is saved in tar.gz format.
- Log in to the appliance management interface: <https://hcx-ip-or-fqdn:9443>.
- Navigate to .
- (Optional) Set up an FTP or SFTP server for uploading the backup file:
- Click the FTP server setting tab.
- Click Add.
Note: The best practice to use a Linux-based OpenSSH host for file transfer operations.
- Enter the FTP or SFTP server information and click Save.
- (Optional) Configure a backup schedule:
Note: The best practice is to schedule Daily backups. Restoring from backup files that are more than two days old is not supported due to potential inventory changes from the backup time to present.
- Click the Scheduling tab.
- Click Add.
The scheduling window appears.
- Select the Backup Frequency.
- Enter the hour and minute of the backup.
- Click Save.
- Click the Backup and Restore tab.
- Click Generate.
If a backup schedule is configured, the system creates the backup file at the scheduled time.
- For manual backups, save the backup file:
If you have scheduled backups, the system automatically generates the backup file at the scheduled time and saves the file to the FTP or SFTP server.
- To save the generated file to an FTP of SFTP server, check the box Upload to server .
- To download the generated file to the client browsing system, click Download.