The Application Path Resiliency and TCP Flow Conditioning features define the HCX Traffic Engineering services. These services function the same in VMware Cloud on AWS SDDCs as they do in on-premises or private cloud environments.
- For new installations, optionally select these services when creating the Service Mesh.
- For existing installations, edit the Service Mesh to select these features.
- For existing installations, updating the Service Mesh for Application Path Resiliency has the following operational impact:
- Redeployment of both the Interconnect and Network Extension appliances.
- Disruption of Bulk and vMotion migrations. Quiese migration operations prior to finishing the Service Mesh update.
- Brief disruption of traffic over extended networks.
To configure the HCX Service Mesh for these features, see Creating a Service Mesh.