With Mobility Optimized Networking, you have the option to control which traffic is routed locally using the cloud gateway versus traffic that goes out through the source gateway. Policy routes define which traffic is routed through the source gateway. All other traffic is routed through the cloud gateway.
- In the HCX Manager UI, navigate to Network Extension.
- In the Network Extension screen, click the Advanced tab.
- Click Policy Routes.
A new screen appears with options to Add or Remove networks.
- Using the pull-down menu, select a destination site.
- In the Network field, for which you want traffic routed through the source gate, click Add.
- Complete the entries for Network IP Address and Prefix Length.
By default, Redirect to Peer is selected.
- (Optional) To specify a policy that blocks a network from being redirected, uncheck Allow Redirect to Peer.
- Click Submit.
The policy is applied to the network.