View Administrator cannot install a ThinApp application.
The ThinApp application installation status shows either Pending Install or Install Error.
Common causes for this problem include the following:
- There was not enough disk space on the machine to install the ThinApp application.
- Network connectivity was lost between the View Connection Server host and the machine or between the View Connection Server host and the application repository.
- The ThinApp application was not accessible in the network share.
- The ThinApp application was previously installed or the directory or file already exists on the machine.
You can see the View Agent and View Connection Server log files for more information about the cause of the problem.
View Agent log files are located on the machine in drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VDM\logs for Windows XP systems and drive:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\logs for Windows 7 systems.
View Connection Server log files are located on the View Connection Server host in the drive:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VDM\logs directory.
- In View Administrator, select .
- Click the name of the ThinApp application.
- On the Machines tab, select the machine and click Retry Install to reinstall the ThinApp application.