In View Administrator, you can configure the use of the Blast Secure Gateway to provide secure HTML access to remote desktops.
You can provide secure connections to external users who use HTML Access to connect to remote desktops. The Blast Secure Gateway, enabled by default on View Connection Server and security server hosts, ensures that only authenticated users can communicate with remote desktops. With HTML Access, the client software does not have to be installed on the users' endpoint devices.
When the Blast Secure Gateway is not enabled, client Web browsers use HTML Access to establish direct connections to remote desktop virtual machines, bypassing the Blast Secure Gateway.
- If users select remote desktops by using the Workspace App Portal, verify that Workspace is installed and configured for use with View Connection Server and that View Connection Server is paired with a SAML 2.0 Authentication server.
- Verify that the secure tunnel is enabled. If the secure tunnel is disabled, the Blast Secure Gateway cannot be enabled.
- In View Administrator, select .
- On the Connection Servers tab, select a View Connection Server instance and click Edit.
- Configure use of the Blast Secure Gateway.
Option Description Enable the Blast Secure Gateway Select Use Blast Secure Gateway for HTML access to machine Disable the Blast secure Gateway Deselect Use Blast Secure Gateway for HTML access to machineThe Blast Secure Gateway is enabled by default.
- Click OK to save your changes.