The Suspend power policy causes virtual machines to be suspended when a user logs off, but not when a user disconnects. You can also configure machines in a dedicated pool to be suspended when a user disconnects from a desktop without logging off. Using suspend when users disconnect helps to conserve resources.
About this task
To enable suspend on disconnect for dedicated machines, you must set an attribute in View LDAP.
- Start the ADSI Edit utility on your View Connection Server host.
- In the console tree, select Connect to.
- In the Select or type a domain or server field, type the server name as localhost:389
- Under Connection point, click Select or type a distinguished name or naming context, type the distinguished name as DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int, and click OK.
The ADAM ADSI Edit main window appears.
- Expand the ADAM ADSI tree and expand OU=Properties.
- Select OU=Global and select CN=Common in the right pane
- Select pae-NameValuePair attribute, add the new entry suspendOnDisconnect=1. , and under the
- Restart the VMware Horizon View Connection Server service or View Connection Server.