You can add the policy settings in the scanner redirection ADM file, vdm_agent_scanner.adm, to group policy objects (GPOs) in Active Directory and configure the settings in the Group Policy Object Editor.
Verify that the Scanner Redirection setup option is installed on your desktops and RDS hosts. The group policy settings have no effect if scanner redirection is not installed. See Install View Agent on a Virtual Machine.
Verify that Active Directory GPOs are created for the scanner redirection group policy settings. The GPOs must be linked to the OU that contains your desktops and RDS hosts. See Active Directory Group Policy Example.
Verify that the MMC and the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
Familiarize yourself with scanner redirection group policy settings. See Scanner Redirection Group Policy Settings.
- Download the View GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware Horizon (with View) download site at http://www.vmware.com/go/downloadview.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-View-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADM and ADMX files that provide group policy settings for View are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-View-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip file and copy the scanner redirection ADM file, vdm_agent_scanner.adm, to your Active Directory server.
- On the Active Directory server, edit the GPO by selecting Edit. , right-clicking the GPO, and selecting
- In the Group Policy Object Editor, right-click the Add/Remove Templates. folder and select
- Click Add, browse to the vdm_agent_scanner.adm file, and click Open.
- Click Close to apply the policy settings in the ADM file to the GPO.
The settings are located in thefolder.
Most settings are also added to the User Configuration folder, located in .
- Configure the scanner redirection group policy settings.