Before you run the migprofile.exe utility, verify that your legacy and destination environments satisfy specific prerequisites.
- Run the migration utility on a Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, or Windows Server 2008 R2 physical computer or virtual machine.
- Log in to the system as a local administrator.
- Verify that the system on which you run the utility has network access to the CIFS network shares that contain the source V1 path and destination V2 path.
- Verify that the user account that runs the utility is a local administrator on the destination CIFS network share.
- If the user account that runs the utility does not have full ownership of the user profiles that are migrated, specify the /takeownership option with the utility.
This option passes ownership of the user profile folders to the utility during the migration. Ownership is returned to the users after the migration is completed.
- Ensure that the users whose profiles are being migrated are not logged in to their Windows XP systems when you initiate the migration.
If a user is in an active session during the migration, the migration might fail.
- Ensure that users do not start using their Windows 7, Windows 8 or 8.1, or Windows Server 2008 R2 desktops before the migration is completed.
When users start using their View desktops, View Persona Management creates V2 profiles for the users. If a V2 profile already exists before the migration runs, the utility leaves the existing V2 profile in place and does not migrate the legacy V1 profile.