Applying a patch involves uninstalling the current version and then installing the patch version.
About this task
The following steps need to be performed on the parent virtual machine, for linked-clone desktop pools, or on each virtual machine desktop in a full-clone pool, or on individual desktop virtual machines for pools that contain only one virtual machine desktop.
Verify that you have a domain user account with administrative privileges on the hosts that you will use to run the patch installer.
- On all parent virtual machines, virtual machines used for full-clone templates, full clones in a pool, and manually added individual virtual machines, download the installer file for the patch version of View Agent.
Your contact at VMware will provide instructions for this download.
- Use the Windows Add/Remove Programs utility to remove the previously installed View Agent.
- Run the installer that you downloaded for the patch release of View Agent.
Step-by-step instructions for running the View Agent installer appear in Setting Up Desktop and Application Pools in View.
- If you disabled provisioning of new virtual machines in preparation for applying a patch to View Composer, enable provisioning again.
- For parent virtual machines that will be used to create linked-clone desktop pools, take a snapshot of the virtual machine.
For instructions on taking snapshots, see the vSphere Client online help.
- For linked-clone desktop pools, use the snapshot you created to recompose the desktop pools.
- Verify that you can log in to the patched desktop pools with Horizon Client.
- If you canceled any refresh or recompose operations for any linked-clone desktop pools, schedule the tasks again.