The administrator runs the Delegated Administrator Configuration workflow to set the scope of delegated administration. For example, a certain delegated administrator might be limited to performing operations on some pools, and a different delegated administrator might be limited to different pools.
Running the Delegated Administrator Configuration workflow is required for configuring the Horizon vCenter Orchestrator plug-in because, at a minimum, the primary administrator must be assigned to the pools. Using this workflow, the administrator has tight control over which pools can have distributed administration and which workflows can be leveraged.
- Verify that you have administrator credentials for the Orchestrator server. The account must be a member of the vCenter Orchestrator Admin group configured to authenticate through vCenter Single Sign-On.
- Verify that you have provided access rights for the delegated administrators group to view and execute workflows for the Horizon vCenter Orchestrator plug-in. See Provide Access Rights to the Horizon vCenter Orchestrator Plug-In Workflows.
- Verify that a connection has been made to the View pod by running the Add View Pod in Configuration workflow. See Configure the Connection to a View Pod.
- Log in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, select Add Delegated Administrator Configuration workflow. and navigate to the
- Right-click the Add Delegated Administrator Configuration workflow and select Start workflow.
- Complete the form that appears.
Option Action Horizon View Pod Select the pod from the drop-down list. Items get added to this list through the Add View Pod in Configuration workflow. Select Desktop Pool IDs Click Not Set and add one or more pools from the New value drop-down list. Select Application Pool IDs Click Not Set and add one or more pools from the New value drop-down list. Delegated Administrator User Name Click Not Set and, in the Filter text box, type the name of the user you included in the delegated administrators group.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
The delegated administrator user you selected is now allowed to manage the desktop and application pools you specified in the form.