You can run a workflow that limits which pools are available through the vCloud Automation Center Self-Service workflows.
This procedure pertains only to self-service workflows. For the other workflows in the vCAC61 folder, see Bind vCAC61 Workflows to a vCAC User.
Workflows exposed through vCloud Automation Center can be customized using the vCloud Automation Center form editor interface. You can hide fields or rearrange them and add cosmetic improvements to fit into the organization service catalog. Add the blueprint for the specific workflow and customize as needed. You can convert any workflow field to a text box or provide values to display so that users can select from a drop-down list.
- Verify that you have administrator credentials for the Orchestrator server. The account must be a member of the vCenter Orchestrator Admin group configured to authenticate through vCenter Single Sign-On.
- Verify that a connection has been made to the View pod by running the Add View Pod in Configuration workflow. See Configure the Connection to a View Pod.
- Verify that vCloud Automation Center is configured to communicate with the vCenter Orchestrator server so that the vCenter Orchestrator workflows are available.
- Log in to the Orchestrator client as an administrator.
- Click the Workflows view in the Orchestrator client.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, select Manage Self Service Pool Configuration workflow. and navigate to the
- Right-click the Manage Self Service Pool Configuration workflow and select Start workflow.
- Select the pod from the list, and click the appropriate radio button to specify whether to include all pools.
- If you do not want to make all pools available, specify which pools to include:
- Click in the fields for selecting specific pool IDs.
- In the list of pools that appears, select a pool to exclude and click the red X button above the list.
Repeat this step until you remove the pools that are not to be available. If you accidentally remove an item from the list, you can use the New value drop-down box to insert the pool in the list.
- Use the arrow buttons to change the order in which pools are displayed.
- Click Accept.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
The specified desktop and application pools are available in the self-service workflows of the vCAC61 folder.