View Agent Direct-Connection (VADC) Plug-In is packaged in a Windows Installer file that you can download from the VMware Web site and install.
Verify that View Agent is installed.
- Download the VADC Plug-In installer file from the VMware product page at http://www.vmware.com/products/.
The installer filename is VMware-viewagent-direct-connection-x86_64-y.y.y-xxxxxx.exe for 64-bit Windows or VMware-viewagent-direct-connection--y.y.y-xxxxxx.exe for 32-bit Windows, where y.y.y is the version number and xxxxxx is the build number.
- Double-click the installer file.
- (Optional) Change the TCP port number.
The default port number is 443.
- (Optional) Choose how to configure the Windows Firewall service.
By default, Configure Windows Firewall automatically is selected and the installer configures Windows Firewall to allow the required network connections.
- Follow the prompts and finish the installation.