Windows Internet Explorer uses the Microsoft Feeds Synchronization task to update RSS feeds in users' Web browsers. This task can contribute to linked-clone growth. Disable this task if your users do not require automatic RSS feed updates in their browsers.
About this task
Microsoft Feeds Synchronization can cause OS-disk growth if persistent disks are not configured. If persistent disks are configured, the impact is diverted to the persistent disks. In this situation, you should still disable Microsoft Feeds Synchronization to control persistent-disk growth.
- In vSphere Client, select the parent virtual machine and select Open Console.
- Log in to the Windows 7 or Windows 8 guest operating system as an administrator.
- Click .
- Click the Content tab.
- Under Feeds and Web Slices, click Settings.
- Deselect Automatically check feeds and Web Slices for updates and click OK.
- In the Internet Properties dialog, click OK.