To apply View component group policy settings to your remote desktops and applications, add their ADM template files to GPOs.
- Create GPOs for the View component group policy settings and link them to the OU that contains your View machines.
- Verify that the Group Policy Management feature is available on your Active Directory server.
The steps for opening the Group Policy Management Console differ in the Windows 2012, Windows 2008, and Windows 2003 Active Directory versions. See Create GPOs for View Group Policies.
- Download the View GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 6 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-View-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADM and ADMX files that provide group policy settings for View are available in this file.
- Copy the file to your Active Directory server and unzip the file.
- On the Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Console.
- Expand your domain, right-click the GPO that you created for the group policy settings, and select Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, right-click the Add/Remove Templates. folder and select
- Click Add, browse to the ADM Template file, and click Open.
- Click Close to apply the policy settings in the ADM Template file to the GPO.
In Windows Server 2012 or 2008 Active Directory, the template name appears in the left pane under Administrative Templates.. In Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, the template appears under
- Configure the group policy settings.
What to do next
Enable loopback processing for your View machines.