Create GPOs to contain group policies for View components and location-based printing and link them to the OU for your View machines.
- Create an OU for your View machines.
- Verify that the Group Policy Management feature is available on your Active Directory server.
- On the Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Console.
AD Version Navigation Path Windows 2012
- Select .
- Right-click the OU that contains your View machines and select Properties.
- On the Group Policy tab, click Open to open the Group Policy Management plug-in.
- Expand your domain, right-click the OU that contains your View machines, and select Create a GPO in this domain, and Link it here.
On Windows 2003 Active Directory, this option is named Create and Link a GPO Here.
- Type a name for the GPO and click OK.
The new GPO appears under the OU in the left pane.
- (Optional) To apply the GPO only to specific View machines in the OU:
- Select the GPO in the left pane.
- Select .
- Type the computer names of the View machines and click OK.
The View machines appear in the Security Filtering pane. The settings in the GPO apply only to these machines.
What to do next
Add the View ADM templates to the GPO for group policies.