Disabling the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program and the related Task Scheduler tasks that control this program can improve Windows 7 and Windows 8 system performance in large desktop pools.
- In the Windows 7 or Windows 8 guest operating system, start the control panel and click .
- Click Customer Experience Improvement Program settings.
- Select No, I don't want to participate in the program and click Save changes.
- Start the control panel and click .
- In the Task Scheduler (Local) pane of the Task Scheduler dialog box, expand the Application Experience folder. nodes and open the
- Disable the AITAgent, ProgramDataUpdater, and if available, Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser tasks.
- In the Customer Experience Improvement Program folder. node, open the
- Disable the Consolidator, KernelCEIPTask, and UsbCEIP tasks.
- In the Autochk folder. node, open the
- Disable the Proxy task.
What to do next
Perform other Windows 7 or Windows 8 optimization tasks. See Optimize Windows 7 and Windows 8 Guest Operating System Performance.