The View Agent installer fails to register a Linux virtual machine with View Connection Server.
When you install View Agent on a Linux virtual machine, the Agent Registration Failed error is displayed.
The View Agent installer might fail to register a Linux machine with View Connection Server for the following reasons:
The View Connection Server FQDN, domain name, user name, or password that was provided during View Agent installation was incorrect.
The View administrator user does not have the Agent Registration Administrators or Administrators role in View Administrator. Specifically, the Register Agent privilege is required to register View Agent with View Connection Server. Agent Registration Administrators is a restricted role that provides this minimum privilege.
The View administrator password contains a special character, such as $, that was not escaped with a backslash.
Reversible password encryption was not enabled on the Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2 Active Directory (AD) server.
- Verify that you have the correct View Connection Server FQDN, domain name, user name, and password.
- Verify that the View administrator user has the privileges to allow View Agent registration.
- In View Administrator, select .
- In the Administrators and Groups tab, select the View administrator user that you provided during View Agent installation.
- Verify that the user has the Agent Registration Administrators or Administrators role.
- If the View administrator password includes a special character, escape the special character with a backslash.
For example: ab\$cdef
- On the Linux guest operating system, open the View Agent registration log.
- If the View Agent registration log reports LDAP errors, and a message asks if reversible password encryption was enabled on a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 Active Directory (AD) server, enable reversible password encryption.
- On the AD server, open AD users and computers.
- Right-click the View Admin account, or create a new Linux View Agent account, and select Properties.
- Select the Account tab.
- In Account options, select the Store password using reversible encryption setting.
- Reset the View Admin password.
- Install View Agent on the Linux virtual machine again.