View LDAP is the data repository for all View configuration information. View LDAP is an embedded Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directory that is provided with the View Connection Server installation.
View LDAP contains standard LDAP directory components that are used by View.
- View schema definitions
- Directory information tree (DIT) definitions
- Access control lists (ACLs)
View LDAP contains directory entries that represent View objects.
- Remote desktop entries that represent each accessible desktop. Each entry contains references to the Foreign Security Principal (FSP) entries of Windows users and groups in Active Directory who are authorized to use the desktop.
- Remote desktop pool entries that represent multiple desktops managed together
- Virtual machine entries that represent the vCenter Server virtual machine for each remote desktop
- View component entries that store configuration settings
View LDAP also contains a set of View plug-in DLLs that provide automation and notification services for other View components.