You can preview the data that VMware would receive before the data is encrypted and transmitted. When you enable this option, View Connection Server writes the data set to disk instead of encrypting and sending the data to VMware.
About this task
You configure the option to write CEIP data to disk instead of transmitting the data to VMware as a global option in the View LDAP directory. You use the ADSI Edit utility to modify View LDAP. The ADSI Edit utility is installed with View Connection Server. When you change View LDAP on a View Connection Server instance, the change is propagated to all replicated View Connection Server instances.
- Start the ADSI Edit utility on your View Connection Server host.
- In the Connection Settings dialog box, select or connect to DC=vdi, DC=vmware, DC=int.
- In the Computer pane, select or type localhost:389 or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the View Connection Server host followed by port 389.
For example: localhost:389 or mycomputer.mydomain.com:389
- On the object CN=Common, OU=Global, OU=Properties, set the pae-ceipDumpOnly attribute value to 1.
- Restart View Connection Server.
The CEIP data files are written in plain-text JSON format to the %PROGRAMFILES%\VMware\VMware View\Server\broker\temp\spool directory on the View Connection Server instance.
What to do next
To revert the setting and begin sending data to VMware, change pae-ceipDumpOnly attribute value to 0 and restart View Connection Server.