Before you upgrade security servers, perform these tasks to create backups and record configuration settings.
- Verify that the virtual or physical machine on which the current security server is installed meets the system requirements for the new version.
- If the security server is installed in a virtual machine, take a snapshot of the virtual machine.
For instructions on taking snapshots, see the vSphere Client online help. You can label the snapshot Upgrade Preparation Phase.
- Open View Administrator and document the settings for this security server. Go to Security Servers tab.
For example, take a screen shot of the tab.
and click the
- Document the IP address and system name of the machine on which the security server is installed.
- If you use load balancers for security servers, document the configuration settings for the load balancers.