This workflow allows a delegated administrator to import View desktop pools into vRealize Automation and manage the pools directly from the vRealize Automation console.
- Log in to vRealize Automation as an administrator.
- Select Add (+) icon to add a blueprint for the workflow. and click the
- On the Add Blueprint - Workflow tab, navigate to , select the workflow, and click Next.
- On the Details tab, select the Hide catalog request information page check box and click Next.
- On the Blueprint Form tab, edit the vCACUser field to bind the blueprint to a user.
- Click in the vCACUser text box and click the Edit (pencil) icon.
- In the Edit Form Field - vCACUser dialog box, click the Constraints tab.
- Click to expand the Value: drop-down list.
- Select the Field radio button and click to expand the Request Info item.
- Click to expand the Requested by item and select Principal ID.
- Click to expand the Visible: drop-down list.
- Select the Constant radio button and select No to hide this parameter in catalog request.
- Click Submit.
- On the Blueprint Form tab, click Next.
- On the Provisioned Resource tab, select pool[ViewPool] and click Add.
The blueprint is added to the list on the Service Blueprints page, and the Status column shows that the blueprint is in draft form.
- On the Service Blueprints page, select the blueprint and click the Publish button above the table.
The service blueprint for the workflow is published and appears in thetable.
What to do next
If you have not already added a service to make the workflows available for delegated administrators or end users, perform the procedure described in Configure the Catalog Item for the Workflow.
Entitle users to the actions that will be displayed for desktop and pool items in vRealize Automation. See Entitle Users to Action Items.