Administrators run the Add Horizon Air Instance in Configuration workflow to establish a connection to a Horizon Air instance. Administrators can then enable delegated administrators to add users to Horizon Air desktop pools or remove users. Administrators can also enable end users to use vRealize Automation to request or recycle a Horizon Air desktop.
VMware Horizon® Air™ desktops are virtual machines that are managed by VMware and provided as a cloud service.
- Verify that you have the correct URL to the Horizon Air instance. The tenant FQDN (fully qualified domain name) portion of the URL must exactly match the text in the SSL certificate. To determine the text to use, open a browser and enter the URL of the VMware Horizon DaaS Enterprise Center (that is, the Horizon Air tenant), and click the lock icon at the beginning of the URL. When you view the certificate information, the correct text is located in the Issued To line.
For example, if the certificate is issued to desktone.com, the correct URL is https://desktone.com. Do not add a forward slash at the end of the name, and do not add /admin to the name.
- Verify that you have administrator credentials for the Orchestrator server. The account must be a member of the vRealize Orchestrator Admin group configured to authenticate through vCenter Single Sign-On.
- Verify that you have tenant administrator credentials for the Horizon Air instance.
- Verify that you have the NETBIOS name of the domain.
- Log in to Orchestrator as an administrator.
- Click the Workflows view in Orchestrator.
- In the workflows hierarchical list, select Add Horizon Air Instance in Configuration workflow. and navigate to the
- Right-click the Add Horizon Air Instance in Configuration workflow and select Start workflow.
- Provide a name for the Horizon Air instance.
- Provide the correct URL for the instance, as described in the prerequisites.
The correct syntax is https://cert-issued-to-name; for example, https://desktone.com.
- Provide the credentials of the Horizon Air (tenant) administrator .
- Provide the NETBIOS name of the domain.
The NETBIOS domain name does not include .com in the name.
- Click Submit to run the workflow.
What to do next
Add a delegated administrator.