After a desktop pool is created, you can customize, modify, or test individual machines by placing them in maintenance mode. When a machine is in maintenance mode, users cannot access the virtual-machine desktop.
About this task
You place existing machines in maintenance mode one at a time. You can remove multiple machines from maintenance mode in one operation.
When you create a desktop pool, you can start all the machines in the pool in maintenance mode if you specify machine names manually. For details, see "Customizing Desktops in Maintenance Mode" in the Setting Up Desktop and Application Pools in View document.
- In View Administrator, select Inventory tab. or select , double-click a pool ID, and select the
- Select a machine.
- Select Enter Maintenance Mode from the More Commands drop-down menu.
- Customize, modify, or test the virtual-machine desktop.
- Repeat 2 through 4 for all virtual machines that you want to customize.
- Select the customized machines and select Exit Maintenance Mode from the More Commands drop-down menu.
The modified virtual-machine desktops are available to users.