If you have direct access to the console, you can use the support scripts to generate log files for View Connection Server, Horizon Client, or remote desktops that are running View Agent. This information helps VMware Technical Support diagnose any issues that arise with these components.
Log in to the system that you want to collect information for. You must log in as a user with administrator privileges.
- For View Agent, log in to the virtual machine with View Agent installed.
- For Horizon Client, log in to the system with Horizon Client installed.
- For View Connection Server, log in to the View Connection Server host.
- Open a command prompt window and change to the appropriate directory for the View component that you want to collect diagnostic information for.
Option Description View Agent Change to the C:\Program Files\VMware View\Agent\DCT directory. Horizon Client Change to the C:\Program Files\VMware View\Client\DCT directory. View Connection Server Change to the C:\Program Files\VMware View\Server\DCT directory.If you did not install the software in the default directories, substitute the appropriate drive letter and path.
- Type the command to run the support script.
If you want to enable advanced logging, specify the loglevels option and enter the numeric value for the logging level when prompted.
Option Description 0 Resets the logging level to the default value. 1 Selects a normal level of logging. 2 Selects a debug level of logging (default). 3 Selects full logging. 4 Selects informational logging for PCoIP (View Agent and Horizon Client only). 5 Selects debug logging for PCoIP (View Agent and Horizon Client only). 6 Selects informational logging for virtual channels (View Agent and Horizon Client only). 7 Selects debug logging for virtual channels (View Agent and Horizon Client only). 8 Selects trace logging for virtual channels (View Agent and Horizon Client only).The script writes the zipped log files to the folder vdm-sdct on the desktop.
- You can find the View Composer guest agent logs in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\View Composer Guest Agent svi-ga-support directory.
- File a support request on the Support page of the VMware Web site and attach the output file.