You must create a Windows network share to host the MSI packages that are distributed to remote desktops and pools in View Administrator.
- Use the ThinApp Setup Capture wizard to package the applications.
- Verify that the network share meets View requirements for storing ThinApp applications. See View Requirements for ThinApp Applications for more information.
- Create a shared folder on a computer in an Active Directory domain that it accessible to both your View Connection Server host and remote desktops.
- Configure the file and sharing permissions on the shared folder to give Read access to the built-in Active Directory group Domain Computers.
- If you plan to assign ThinApp applications to domain controllers, give Read access to the built-in Active Directory group Domain Controllers.
- If you plan to use streaming ThinApp application packages, set the NTFS permission of the network share that hosts the ThinApp packages to Read&Execute for users.
- Copy your MSI packages to the shared folder.
What to do next
Register the Windows network share as an application repository in View Administrator.