You can use View Administrator to modify the name and description attributes and scope and other policies of a global entitlement.
- Log in to the View Administrator user interface for any View Connection Server instance in the pod federation.
- In View Administrator, select
- Select the global entitlement and click Edit.
- To modify the name or description of the global entitlement, type a new name or description in the Name or Description text box in the General pane.
The name can contain between 1 and 64 characters. The description can contain between 1 and 1024 characters.
- To modify a global entitlement policy, select or deselect the policy in the Policy pane.
Policy Description Scope Specifies where to look for desktops or applications that satisfy a desktop or application request from the global entitlement. You can select only one scope policy.
- All sites - View looks for desktops or applications on any pod in the pod federation.
- Within site - View looks for desktops or applications only on pods in the same site as the pod to which the user is connected.
- Within pod - View looks for desktops or applications only in the pod to which the user is connected.
Use home site Causes View to look for desktops or applications in the user's home site. If the user does not have a home site and the Entitled user must have home site option is not selected, the site to which the user is currently connected is assumed to be the home site. Entitled user must have home site Causes the global entitlement to be available only if the user has a home site. This option is available only when the Use home site option is selected. Automatically clean up redundant sessions Logs off extra user sessions for the same entitlement.. This option is available only for floating desktop entitlements and application entitlements.
Multiple sessions can occur when a pod that contains a session goes offline, the user logs in again and starts another session, and the problem pod comes back online with the original session. When multiple sessions occur, Horizon Client prompts the user to select a session. This option determines what happens to sessions that the user does not select. If you do not select this option, users must manually end their own extra sessions, either by logging off in Horizon Client or by launching the sessions and logging them off.
Default display protocol (Global desktop entitlement only) Specifies the default display protocol for desktops in the global desktop entitlement. HTML Access Select whether to allow users to use the HTML Access feature to access desktops or applications in the global entitlement. With HTML Access, end users can use a Web browser to connect to remote desktops and are not required to install any client software on their local systems.
- To modify the application path, version, and publisher information for a global application entitlement, type values in the application text boxes.
Note: If you add an application pool to the global application entitlement after you modify these values, the values are overwritten with values from the application pool.
- Click OK to save your changes.