During the Cloud Pod Architecture initialization process, the Cloud Pod Architecture feature creates a pod federation that contains a single pod. You can use View Administrator to join additional pods to the pod federation. Joining additional pods is optional.
- Make sure the View Connection Server instances that you want to join have different host names. You cannot join servers that have the same name, even if they are in different domains.
- Initialize the Cloud Pod Architecture feature. See Initialize the Cloud Pod Architecture Feature.
- Log in to the View Administrator user interface for a View Connection Server instance in the pod that you are joining to the pod federation.
- In View Administrator, select Join the pod federation. and click
- In the Connection Server text box, type the host name or IP address of any View Connection Server instance in any pod that has been initialized or is already joined to the pod federation.
- In the User name text box, type the name of a View administrator user on the already initialized pod.
Use the format domain\username.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the View administrator user.
- Click OK to join the pod to the pod federation.
View Administrator shows the progress of the join operation. The default pod name is based on the host name of the View Connection Server instance. For example, if the host name is CS1, the pod name is Cluster-CS1.
- When View Administrator prompts you to reload the client, click OK.
After the View Administrator user interface is refreshed, Global Entitlements appears under Catalog and Sites appears under View Configuration in the View Administrator Inventory panel.
- (Optional) To change the default name of the pod, select Edit, type the new name in the Name text box, and click OK. , select the pod, click
What to do next
You can repeat these steps to join additional pods to the pod federation.