You use vSphere Client to create virtual machines in vCenter Server for remote desktops.
Upload an ISO image file of the guest operating system to a datastore on your ESXi server.
Familiarize yourself with the custom configuration parameters for virtual machines. See Virtual Machine Custom Configuration Parameters.
- In vSphere Client, log in to the vCenter Server system.
- Select New Virtual Machine wizard. to start the
- Select Custom and configure custom configuration parameters.
- Select Edit the virtual machine settings before completion and click Continue to configure hardware settings.
- Add a CD/DVD drive, set the media type to use an ISO image file, select the ISO image file of the guest operating system that you uploaded to your datastore, and select Connect at power on.
- Set Power-on Boot Delay to 10,000 milliseconds.
- Click Finish to create the virtual machine.
What to do next
Install a guest operating system on the virtual machine.