You can add the policy settings in the View RDS ADMX files to group policy objects (GPOs) in Active Directory. You can also install the RDS ADMX files on individual RDS hosts.
Create GPOs for the RDS group policy settings and link them to the OU that contains your RDS hosts.
Verify that the Group Policy Management feature is available on your Active Directory server.
The steps for opening the Group Policy Management Console differ in the Windows 2012, Windows 2008, and Windows 2003 Active Directory versions. See Create GPOs for View Group Policies.
- Download the View GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 6 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-View-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADM and ADMX files that provide group policy settings for View are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-View-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip file and copy the RDS ADMX files to your Active Directory or RDS host.
- Copy the vmware_rdsh.admx and vmware_rdsh_server.admx files and the en-US folder to the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder on your Active Directory or RDS host.
- (Optional) : Copy the language resource files vmware_rdsh.adml and vmware_rdsh_server.adml to the appropriate subfolder in C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions\ on your Active Directory or RDS host.
- On the Active Directory host, open the Group Policy Management Editor.
On an individual RDS host, you can open the Local Group Policy Editor with the gpedit.msc utility.
The View RDS group policy settings are installed in the folder.
- (Optional) : Configure the group policy settings in the folder.