To make User Configuration settings that usually apply to a computer apply to all of the users that log in to that computer, enable loopback processing.
Create GPOs for the View component group policy settings and link them to the OU that contains your View machines.
Verify that the Group Policy Management feature is available on your Active Directory server.
The steps for opening the Group Policy Management Console differ in the Windows 2012, Windows 2008, and Windows 2003 Active Directory versions. See Create GPOs for View Group Policies.
- On the Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Console.
- Expand your domain, right-click the GPO that you created for the group policy settings, and select Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, navigate to .
- In the right pane, double-click User Group Policy loopback processing mode.
- Select Enabled and then select a loopback processing mode from the Mode drop-down menu.
The user policy settings applied are the combination of those included in both the computer and user GPOs. Where conflicts exist, the computer GPOs take precedence.
The user policy is defined entirely from the GPOs associated with the computer. Any GPOs associated with the user are ignored.
- Click OK to save your changes.