Before you install View Connection Server, you must verify that your installation environment satisfies specific prerequisites.
- You must have a valid license key for View.
- You must join the View Connection Server host to an Active Directory domain. View Connection Server supports the following Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) domain functional levels:
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
The View Connection Server host must not be a domain controller.Note: View Connection Server does not make, nor does it require, any schema or configuration updates to Active Directory.
- Do not install View Connection Server on systems that have the Windows Terminal Server role installed. You must remove the Windows Terminal Server role from any system on which you install View Connection Server.
- Do not install View Connection Server on a system that performs any other functions or roles. For example, do not use the same system to host vCenter Server.
- The system on which you install View Connection Server must have an IP address that does not change. In an IPv4 environment, configure a static IP address. In an IPv6 environment, machines automatically get IP addresses that do not change.
- To run the View Connection Server installer, you must use a domain user account with Administrator privileges on the system.
- When you install View Connection Server, you authorize a View Administrators account. You can specify the local Administrators group or a domain user or group account. View assigns full View Administration rights, including the right to install replicated View Connection Server instances, to this account only. If you specify a domain user or group, you must create the account in Active Directory before you run the installer.