Before you can use View Connection Server, you must enter a product license key.
About this task
The first time you log in, View Administrator displays the Product Licensing and Usage page.
After you install the license key, View Administrator displays the dashboard page when you log in.
You do not have to configure a license key when you install a replicated View Connection Server instance or a security server. Replicated instances and security servers use the common license key stored in the View LDAP configuration.
View Connection Server requires a valid license key. Starting with the release of View 4.0, the product license key is a 25-character key.
- In View Administrator, select .
- In the Licensing panel, click Edit License.
- Enter the license serial number and click OK.
- Verify the license expiration date.
- Verify that the Desktop, Application Remoting, and View Composer licenses are enabled or disabled, based on the edition of VMware Horizon that your product license entitles you to use.
Not all features and capabilities of VMware Horizon 6 are available in all editions. For a comparison of feature sets in each edition, see http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/products/horizon-view/VMware-Horizon-View-Pricing-Licensing-FAQ.pdf.