To configure a RHEL 7.1 virtual machine to use vSGA, you must configure 3D settings for the virtual machine's video card in vSphere Web Client.
Verify that the Linux virtual machine is prepared for use as a desktop, View Agent is installed, and the machine is deployed in a desktop pool.
Verify that the NVIDIA VIB is installed on the ESXi host. See Install the VIB for the NVIDIA Graphics Card on the ESXi Host.
- Power off the virtual machine.
- In vSphere Web Client, select the virtual machine and, under the VM Hardware tab, click Edit Settings.
- In the Virtual Hardware tab, click Video card to expand the menu settings.
- Set the Total video memory to 128 MB.
- For 3D Graphics, select Enable 3D Support.
- For 3D Renderer, select Hardware from the drop-down menu.
- For 3D Memory, select a suitable value for your application requirements.
If your users connect to more than 3 monitors, set this value to at least 1024 MB.
- Click OK.
- Power on the virtual machine.
What to do next
Verify that vSGA is running on the Linux virtual machine.
Next, install View Agent on the Linux virtual machine. See Install View Agent on a Linux Virtual Machine.