The View Agent installer fails to register a Linux virtual machine with View Connection Server.
When you install View Agent on a Linux virtual machine, the Agent Registration Failed error is displayed.
The View Agent installer might fail to register a Linux machine with View Connection Server for the following reasons:
The View Connection Server FQDN, domain name, user name, or password that was provided during View Agent installation was incorrect.
The View administrator user does not have the Agent Registration Administrators or Administrators role in View Administrator. Specifically, the Register Agent privilege is required to register View Agent with View Connection Server. Agent Registration Administrators is a restricted role that provides this minimum privilege.
The View administrator password contains a special character, such as $, that was not escaped with a backslash.
Reversible password encryption was not enabled for the administrator's Active Directory (AD) account. For details about enabling this policy, see Enable Reversible Password Encryption.
- Verify that you have the correct View Connection Server FQDN, domain name, user name, and password.
- Verify that the View administrator user has the privileges to allow View Agent registration.
- In View Administrator, select .
- In the Administrators and Groups tab, select the View administrator user that you provided during View Agent installation.
- Verify that the user has the Agent Registration Administrators or Administrators role.
- If the View administrator password includes a special character, escape the special character with a backslash.
For example: ab\$cdef
- On the Linux machine, open the View Agent registration log file and look for error messages.
- If the authentication mechanism is DIGEST-MD5, that is, the -k option is not specified, ensure that the AD policy Store password using reversible encryption is enabled for the user that you specified.
- If the authentication mechanism is Kerberos, ensure that the -k option specifies the AD server's correct address and that the -b option specifies the Connection Server instance's full computer name, including the host name and the domain name.
- Install View Agent on the Linux virtual machine again.