You can upgrade View Agent on a Linux machine by installing the latest version of View Agent..
|-A yes||EULA acceptance. You must specify yes for the install to proceed. If this parameter is not specified, the install script prompts for the value.|
|-m yes||Enable smart card redirection.|
|-r||Reboot the operating system after installation. The allowed values are yes and no. The default is no.|
- Verify that the VMwareBlastServer process is not running.
To stop this process, make sure that the user logs off the machine and no desktop session is active, or reboot the machine.
- Download the latest View Agent for Linux installer file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 6 download, which includes the View Agent for Linux installer.
The installer filename is VMware-viewagent-linux-x86_64-y.y.y-xxxxxxx.tar.gz for 64-bit Linux or VMware-viewagent-linux-y.y.y-xxxxxxx.tar.gz for 32-bit Linux, where y.y.y is the version number and xxxxxxx is the build number.
- Unpack the tarball for your Linux distribution on the guest operating system.
tar -xzvf <View Agent tar ball>
- Navigate to the tar ball folder.
- Run the install_viewagent.sh script.
sudo ./install_viewagent.sh -A yes