To change the global acceptance and proposal policies for security protocols and cipher suites, you use the ADSI Edit utility to edit View LDAP attributes.
- Familiarize yourself with the View LDAP attributes that define the acceptance and proposal policies. See Global Acceptance and Proposal Policies Defined in View LDAP.
- See the Microsoft TechNet Web site for information on how to use the ADSI Edit utility on your Windows Server operating system version.
- Start the ADSI Edit utility on your View Connection Server computer.
- In the console tree, select Connect to.
- In the Select or type a Distinguished Name or Naming Context text box, type the distinguished name DC=vdi, DC=vmware, DC=int.
- In the Select or type a domain or server text box, select or type localhost:389 or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the View Connection Server computer followed by port 389.
For example: localhost:389 or mycomputer.mydomain.com:389
- Expand the ADSI Edit tree, expand OU=Properties, select OU=Global, and select OU=Common in the right pane.
- On the object CN=Common, OU=Global, OU=Properties, select each attribute that you want to change and type the new list of security protocols or cipher suites.
- Restart the Windows service VMware Horizon View Security Gateway Component on each Connection Server instance and security server if you modified pae-ServerSSLSecureProtocols.
You do not need to restart any service after modifying pae-ClientSSLSecureProtocols.