As part of your upgrade, you can migrate View Connection Server to a new machine..
- Upgrade at least one existing View Connection Server instance to the latest version. See Upgrade View Connection Servers in a Replicated Group. During this upgrade, your existing View LDAP will be upgraded.
- Verify that the new physical or virtual machine meets the system requirements for installing View Connection Server. See Supported Operating Systems for View Connection Server and Hardware Requirements for View Connection Server.
- Familiarize yourself with the security-related requirements of View, and verify that these requirements are met. See Upgrade Requirements for View Connection Server.
- Determine when to perform this procedure. Choose an available desktop maintenance window. Budget 15 minutes to half an hour for each instance.
- Verify that you have a domain user account with administrative privileges on the host you will use to run the installer.
- Familiarize yourself with the procedure for installing a replicated instance. See the View Installation document. You install a replicated instance as part of this procedure.
You do not need to make any changes to the configuration of existing load balancers.
- Verify that an upgraded instance of View Connection Server is running and is accessible to the new machine where you plan to install View Connection Server.
When you install View Connection Server on the new host, you will point to this existing instance.
- On the new machine, install a replicated instance of View Connection Server.
The View LDAP on the new instance will replicate that of the upgraded source instance.
- If applicable, uninstall View Connection Server from the old host by using the Windows Add/Remove Programs utility.
- In View Administrator, go to tab and determine whether the View Connection Server instance that was uninstalled still appears in the list.
- If the uninstalled View Connection Server instance still appears in the list, use a vdmadmin command to remove it.
vdmadmin.exe -S -s server_name -r
In this example, server_name is the host name or IP address of the View Connection Server host. For more information about the vdmadmin command-line tool, see the View Administration document.
What to do next
Upgrade the other View server components..
If you ever reinstall View Connection Server on a server that has a data collector set configured to monitor performance data, stop the data collector set and start it again.