After you create action items, you can entitle end users and delegated administrators to use the action buttons on the Items tab of vRealize Automation.
Verify that you have administrator credentials for the Orchestrator server. The account must be a member of the vRealize Orchestrator Admin group configured to authenticate through vCenter Single Sign-On.
Verify that you have created entitlements so that delegated administrators and end users can use services. See Create Entitlements for Delegated Administrators and End Users.
Create service blueprints for the appropriate workflows. See Import Workflows for Desktop and Pool Management.
- Log in to vRealize Automation as an administrator.
- Click the Administration tab.
- Select .
- Click the appropriate item in the list on the Entitlements page.
You have already created entitlements for services, and now you are adding entitlements for actions.
- On the Items & Approvals tab, click the Add (+) icon for Entitled Actions.
- In the Add Actions to Entitlement dialog box, from the Type drop-down list, select ViewPool or ViewDesktop, as appropriate.
If you are editing a delegated administrator entitlement, select ViewPool. If you are editing an end user entitlement, select ViewDesktop.
- Select the check boxes next to the names of the appropriate actions and click OK.
The actions are added to the Entitled Actions list.
- On the Edit Entitlement page, click Update.
- Repeat the process as necessary so that both end users and delegated administrators have the correct action entitlements.
What to do next
Import icons that will be displayed on the Items tab for end users and delegated administrators in vRealize Automation. See Import Action Icons into vRealize Automation.