You must run some configuration workflows to enable self-service features and management of virtual machines that have not yet been added to a View pod.
- Set access rights for delegated administrators on the GuestCredentialConfiguration and SelfServicePoolConfiguration configuration elements in the View folder. See Best Practices for Managing Workflow Permissions.
- Run the Add Guest Credential workflow, in the Configuration/Horizon Registration Configuration folder, before using any of the workflows for registering unmanaged machines.
Unmanaged machines are virtual machines that are managed by a vCenter instance that has not been added to View. That is, if you log in to View Administrator, and go to, you will not see the vCenter Server instance in the list.
You must register an unmanaged machine with a View Connection Server instance before you can add the virtual machine to a manual desktop pool. To run the Add Guest Credential workflow, you must have local or domain administrator credentials for the virtual machine.
- Run the Manage Delegated Administrator Configuration for Registration workflow, in the Configuration/Horizon Registration Configuration folder, to allow the specified delegated administrator to use the guest credentials and access the datacenter or virtual machine folder that contains the unmanaged virtual machine.
- Run the appropriate Manage Self Service Pool Configuration workflow to specify which desktop and application pools will be available for self-service workflows in the Workflows/vCAC folder.
- For desktop and application pools provided through a Horizon pod or federation, the Manage Self Service Pool Configuration workflow is located in the Configuration/Self Service Pool Configuration folder,