You can upgrade Horizon Agent on a Linux machine by installing the latest version of Horizon Agent..
- Verify that the VMwareBlastServer process is not running.
To stop this process, ensure that the user logs off the machine and no desktop session is active, or reboot the machine.
- Download the latest Horizon Agent for Linux installer file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the Horizon Agent for Linux installer.
The installer filename is VMware-viewagent-linux-x86_64-y.y.y-xxxxxxx.tar.gz for 64-bit Linux where y.y.y is the version number and xxxxxxx is the build number.
- Unpack the tarball for your Linux distribution on the guest operating system.
tar -xzvf <View Agent tar ball>
- Navigate to the tar ball folder.
- Run the install_viewagent.sh script to upgrade unmanaged virtual machines using one of the following deployment scenarios:
Option Description Upgrade unmanaged virtual machine deployment and retain the unmanaged virtual machine deployment
sudo ./install_viewagent.sh -A yes -M no
Upgrade unmanaged virtual machine deployment and change it to managed virtual machine deployment
sudo ./install_viewagent.sh -A yes -M yesNote: In View Administrator, delete the existing desktop pool for unmanaged virtual machine deployment and create a new desktop pool for managed virtual machine deployment. For more info, see Create a Manual Desktop Pool for Linux.
Upgrade a managed virtual machine deployment
sudo ./install_viewagent.sh -A yes -M yesNote: After upgrading, your existing desktop pool can be reused.