You can create a virtual machine in vSphere from scratch or by cloning an existing VM. This procedure describes creating a VM from scratch.
- Familiarize yourself with the custom configuration parameters for virtual machines. See Virtual Machine Custom Configuration Parameters.
- Log in to vSphere Client.
- Select New Virtual Machine wizard. to start the
- Select Custom and configure custom configuration parameters.
- Select Edit the virtual machine settings before completion and click Continue to configure hardware settings.
- Add a CD/DVD drive, set the media type to use an ISO image file, select the ISO image file of an appropriate operating system, and select Connect at power on.
- Set Power-on Boot Delay to 10,000 milliseconds.
- Click Finish to create the virtual machine.
What to do next
Install the operating system.