The Add Desktop Pool wizards guides you through the steps of creating an instant-clone desktop pool.
- Verify that the virtual switch that the instant-clone VMs connect to has enough ports to support the expected number of VMs. Each network card on a VM requires one port.
- Verify that you have a parent VM ready. For more information, see Creating and Preparing a Parent Virtual Machine for Cloning.
- Gather the configuration information for the pool. See Worksheet for Creating an Instant-Clone Desktop Pool.
- Verify that you added an instant-clone domain administrator in View Administrator. See Add an Instant-Clone Domain Administrator.
- In View Administrator, select .
- Click Add.
- Select Automated Desktop Pool.
- On the vCenter Server page, select Instant clones.
- Follow the prompts to create the pool.
Use the configuration information you gathered in the worksheet. You can go directly back to any wizard page by clicking the page name in the navigation pane.
In View Administrator, you can view the desktop VMs as they are added to the pool by selecting.
After you create the pool, do not delete the parent VM or remove it from the vCenter Server inventory as long as the pool exists. If you remove the VM from the vCenter Server inventory by mistake, you must add it back and then do a push image using the current image.
What to do next
Entitle users to access the pool. See Add Entitlements to a Desktop or Application Pool.