To set up a View desktop deployment or standalone computers with View Persona Management, you must perform several high-level tasks.
This sequence is recommended, although you can perform these tasks in a different sequence. For example, you can configure or reconfigure group policy settings in Active Directory after you deploy desktop pools.
- Configure a remote repository to store user profiles.
You can configure a network share or use an existing Active Directory user profile path that you configured for Windows roaming profiles.
- Install Horizon Agent with the View Persona Management setup option on the virtual machines that you use to create desktop pools.
To configure View Persona Management for non-View laptops, desktops, or virtual machines, install the standalone View Persona Management software on each computer in your targeted deployment.
- Add the View Persona Management ADM Template file or View Persona Management ADMX Template file to your Active Directory server or the Local Computer Policy configuration on the parent virtual machine.
To configure View Persona Management for your whole View or non-View deployment, add the ADM Template file or ADMX Template file to Active Directory.
To configure View Persona Management for one desktop pool, you can take these approaches:
- Add the ADM Template file or ADMX Template file to the virtual machine that you use to create the pool.
- Add the ADM Template file or ADMX Template file to Active Directory and apply the group policy settings to the OU that contains the machines in the pool.
- Enable View Persona Management by enabling the Manage user persona group policy setting.
- If you configured a network share for the remote profile repository, enable the Persona repository location group policy setting and specify the network share path.
- Configure other group policy settings in Active Directory or the Local Computer Policy configuration.
- Create desktop pools from the virtual machines on which you installed Horizon Agent with the View Persona Management setup option.