In certain View environments, it is a priority to prohibit access to View desktops through the RDP display protocol. You can prevent users and administrators from using RDP to access View desktops by configuring pool settings and a group policy setting.
By default, while a user is logged in to a View desktop session, you can use RDP to connect to the virtual machine from outside of View. The RDP connection terminates the View desktop session, and the View user's unsaved data and settings might be lost. The View user cannot log in to the desktop until the external RDP connection is closed. To avoid this situation, disable the AllowDirectRDP setting.
Verify that the Horizon Agent Configuration Administrative Template (ADM) file is installed in Active Directory. See Using View Group Policy Administrative Template Files.
- Select PCoIP as the display protocol that you want View Connection Server to use to communicate with Horizon Client devices.
Option Description Create a desktop pool
- In View Administrator, start the Add Desktop Pool wizard.
- On the Desktop Pool Settings page, select VMware Blast or PCoIP as the default display protocol.
Edit an existing desktop pool
- In View Administrator, select the desktop pool and click Edit.
- On the Desktop Pool Settings tab, select VMware Blast or PCoIP as the default display protocol.
- For the Allow users to choose protocol setting, select No.
- Prevent devices that are not running Horizon Client from connecting directly to View desktops through RDP by disabling the AllowDirectRDP group policy setting.
- On your Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Console and select .
- Disable the AllowDirectRDP setting.