To configure View Persona Management for your deployment, you can add the Persona Management ADM Template file to a Group Policy Object (GPO) in your Active Directory server.
- Create GPOs for your View Persona Management deployment and link them to the OU that contains the View machines that use View Persona Management. See Active Directory Group Policy Example.
- Verify that the Microsoft MMC and the Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
- Verify that Horizon Agent is installed with the View Persona Management setup option on a system that is accessible to your Active Directory server. See Install Horizon Agent with the View Persona Management Option.
- Download the View GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADM and ADMX files that provide group policy settings for View are available in this file.
- Unzip the file and copy the View Persona Management ADM Template file, ViewPM.adm, to your Active Directory server.
- On your Active Directory server, open the Group Policy Management Console.
For example, start the Run dialog box, type gpmc.msc, and click OK.
- In the left pane, select the domain or OU that contains your View machines.
- In the right pane, right-click the GPO that you created for the group policy settings and select Edit.
The Group Policy Object Editor window appears.
- In the Group Policy Object Editor, right-click Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration and select Add/Remove Templates.
- Click Add, browse to the ViewPM.adm file, and click Open.
- Click Close to apply the policy settings in the ADM Template file to the GPO.
The name of the template appears in the left pane under Administrative Templates.
What to do next
Configure the View Persona Management group policy settings on your Active Directory server.