You use different approaches to reinstall Horizon Agent on a Linux virtual machine, depending on whether you use an existing Horizon 7 for Linux configuration or reinstall with a fresh configuration.
You can reinstall Horizon Agent with an existing configuration if the Horizon 7 for Linux configuration files are present on the virtual machine and the machine is registered in View Connection Server.
If either the configuration files were removed from the machine or the registered machine name was removed from View Connection Server, you must ensure that both the local configuration files and the registered machine name in View Connection Server are removed. You can then perform a fresh installation of Horizon Agent with a new configuration.
- Verify whether the Horizon 7 for Linux configuration files are present on the machine.
/etc/vmware/viewagent-machine.cfg /etc/vmware/viewagent-config.txt /etc/vmware/jms /etc/vmware/ssl
- Verify whether the Linux virtual machine is registered in View Connection Server. In View Administrator, select Others tab. and select the
- If the configuration files and registered machine name were removed, familiarize yourself with the steps for performing a fresh installation of Horizon Agent. See Install Horizon Agent on a Linux Virtual Machine.
- To reinstall with an existing Horizon 7 for Linux configuration, you can run the Horizon Agent installation script without parameters.
sudo ./install_viewagent.shThe Horizon Agent installer reuses the existing configuration files and machine registration in View Connection Server. The installer does not register the machine again.
- To reinstall with a new Horizon 7 for Linux configuration, run the Horizon Agent installation script with the required parameters.
The installation steps are the same as those in a fresh installation. The installer registers the machine with View Connection Server.