The Horizon Agent installer fails to register a Linux virtual machine with View Connection Server.
- Verify that you have the correct View Connection Server FQDN, domain name, user name, and password.
- Verify that the View administrator user has the privileges to allow Horizon Agent registration.
- In View Administrator, select .
- In the Administrators and Groups tab, select the View administrator user that you provided during Horizon Agent installation.
- Verify that the user has the Agent Registration Administrators or Administrators role.
- If the View administrator password includes a special character, escape the special character with a backslash.
For example: ab\$cdef
- On the Linux machine, open the Horizon Agent registration log file and look for error messages.
- If the authentication mechanism is DIGEST-MD5, that is, the -k option is not specified, ensure that the AD policy Store password using reversible encryption is enabled for the user that you specified.
- If the authentication mechanism is Kerberos, ensure that the -k option specifies the AD server's correct address and that the -b option specifies the Connection Server instance's full computer name, including the host name and the domain name.
- Install Horizon Agent on the Linux virtual machine again.