You can assign a detached View Composer persistent disk to a new desktoop pool or user if the original desktop pool or user was deleted from View.
A detached persistent disk is still associated with its original desktop pool and user. If the desktop pool or user is deleted from View, you cannot use the persistent disk to recreate a linked-clone virtual machine.
By editing the desktop pool and user, you can use the detached persistent disk to recreate a virtual machine in the new desktop pool. The virtual machine is assigned to the new user.
You can select a new desktop pool, a new user, or both.
- Verify that the persistent disk's desktop pool or user was deleted from View.
- Verify that the new desktop pool uses the same operating system as the desktop pool in which persistent disk was created.
- In View Administrator, select
- Select the persistent disk for which the user or desktop pool has been deleted and click Edit.
- (Optional) Select a linked-cloned desktop pool from the list.
- (Optional) Select a user for the persistent disk.
You can browse your Active Directory for the domain and username.
What to do next
Recreate a linked-clone virtual machine with the detached persistent disk.