To change the global acceptance and proposal policies for security protocols and cipher suites, you use the ADSI Edit utility to edit View LDAP attributes.
Familiarize yourself with the View LDAP attributes that define the acceptance and proposal policies. See Global Acceptance and Proposal Policies Defined in View LDAP.
See the Microsoft TechNet Web site for information on how to use the ADSI Edit utility on your Windows Server operating system version.
- Start the ADSI Edit utility on your View Connection Server computer.
- In the console tree, select Connect to.
- In the Select or type a Distinguished Name or Naming Context text box, type the distinguished name DC=vdi, DC=vmware, DC=int.
- In the Select or type a domain or server text box, select or type localhost:389 or the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the View Connection Server computer followed by port 389.
For example: localhost:389 or mycomputer.mydomain.com:389
- Expand the ADSI Edit tree, expand OU=Properties, select OU=Global, and select OU=Common in the right pane.
- On the object CN=Common, OU=Global, OU=Properties, select each attribute that you want to change and type the new list of security protocols or cipher suites.
- Restart the Windows service VMware Horizon View Security Gateway Component on each Connection Server instance and security server if you modified pae-ServerSSLSecureProtocols.
You do not need to restart any service after modifying pae-ClientSSLSecureProtocols.