To apply the URL Content Redirection group policy settings to your remote desktops and applications, add the ADM template file to GPOs on your Active Directory server. For rules regarding URL links clicked in a remote desktop or application, the GPOs must be linked to the OU that contains your virtual desktops and RDS hosts.
In Horizon 7 version 7.1 and later, the ADM template file is deprecated and the ADMX template file is added. For information about using the ADMX template file, see Add the URL Content Redirection ADMX Template to a GPO
You can also apply the group policy settings to a GPO that is linked to the OU that contains your Windows client computers, but the preferred method for configuring client-to-agent redirection is to use the vdmutil command-line utility. Because macOS does not support GPOs, you must use vmdutil if you have Mac clients.
- Verify that the URL Content Redirection feature is included when you install Horizon Agent. See Installing Horizon Agent with the URL Content Redirection Feature.
- Verify that Active Directory GPOs are created for the URL Content Redirection group policy settings.
- Verify that the MMC and Group Policy Object Editor snap-in are available on your Active Directory server.
- Download the Horizon 7 GPO Bundle .zip file from the VMware download site at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/downloads.
Under Desktop & End-User Computing, select the VMware Horizon 7 download, which includes the GPO Bundle.
The file is named VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip, where x.x.x is the version and yyyyyyy is the build number. All ADMX files that provide group policy settings for Horizon 7 are available in this file.
- Unzip the VMware-Horizon-Extras-Bundle-x.x.x-yyyyyyy.zip file and copy the urlRedirection-enUS.adm file to your Active Directory server.
- On your Active Directory server, edit the GPO by selecting Edit. , right-clicking the GPO, and selecting
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, right-click the Add/Remove Templates. folder and select
- Click Add, browse to the urlRedirection-enUS.adm file, and click Open.
- Click Close to add the group policy settings in the urlRedirection-enUS.adm file to the GPO.
The settings are in thefolder.
What to do next
Configure the group policy settings.